Friday, May 8, 2009

At the End of the Day...

I am getting married in a week and one day. And I am insanely happy. I’m also a little bit sad, but only a little bit—mainly in a sentimental, nostalgic kind of way. I will only be Sarah B for one more week. Still, I’m mostly happy. But tell me to cry, right now, and I will. I have too much to do, I’m stressed, I’m anxious, I’m antsy, I can’t sit still, I can’t focus. In one week and one day, I’m going to be all dressed in white (well, technically ivory) the way I always imagined it from when I was a little girl, and 140 people will be looking at me. So if I were to cry right now, they would not be tears of sadness. They would not be tears of joy. They would just be tears of everything.

Here’s an update on our honeymoon situation. Daniel and I decided to go to North Redington Beach, Florida (basically St. Petersburg) where we were offered a condo to stay in for the week. It turns out that we were able to get our money back from the resort in Playa del Carmen after all, and the airline waived its change fees for flights to Mexico. They won’t give us our money back, but they will give us a credit to use with them. They fly to Tampa Bay airport, so that worked out well. We still have $111 with them to use within a year. I’m not sure where we’ll end up going with that—obviously it’s not enough for a round-trip flight anywhere, and certainly not enough for two people. But that’s alright.

While we’re in Florida we’re going to Discovery Cove in Orlando, which is basically an all-inclusive tropical vacation for a day. If we can’t have our all-inclusive tropical vacation honeymoon that we had planned on for so long, we can at least have one day. The park looks pretty awesome, and it’s by reservation-only for just a thousand guests per day, so it won’t be crowded. The ticket to Discovery Cove also includes a 14-consecutive day pass to either Busch Gardens Tampa or Sea World Orlando. We chose Sea World. Of course, we’ll only really have time to go one day, but we’re really excited!

There’s still so much to be done, but I keep reminding myself of what everyone keeps telling me: “No matter what, at the end of the day, you’ll be married!” That’s the important thing. I still can’t believe there’s only a week left. Even as stressed and excited as I am, it just doesn’t feel like I’m getting married next week. I’m not sure what I expected it to feel like, though…

7 comments:

Jay said...

Congrats Sarah!
have enjoyed reading your journey!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sarah! I am glad that your honeymoon worked out for you. You can always go to Mexico for an anniversary.

I will miss reading your blog - couldn't you just keep writing only about being a newlywed, etc.?

I was married May 23, 1998 and we went on our honeymoon to Playa Del Carmen. Funny coincidence.

I wish you God's blessings for a happy, harmonious, long and fruitful married life.

Enjoy your day!!!!

Kathy

Our O'Leary Clan said...

Sarah,

Congratulations! Although your wedding is a few short days away, remember that as you walk down the aisle toward your beloved, nothing else matters except the sacrament into which you two are about to enter.

May you have a glorious day and enjoy every minute of the chaos that ensues prior to a wedding.

Anonymous said...

Sarah!
I am sooo happy and excited for you!! CONGRATS!!!

Kate said...

Praying for both of you as the day gets closer! I've really enjoyed reading your blog over the last few months. I'm sure your wedding will be beautiful and that you'll have a wonderful honeymoon. I hope you'll eventually be able to update us on married life!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I only recently found your blog. As the mother of a newly engaged daughter, who is planning the catholic wedding of her dreams, I have enjoyed your reflections. I like the comment, "At the End of the Day. . ." you will be married, and that's what is truly important. It is a huge day, but the days that follow will be what a marriage is truly made of. Enjoy you day, Be Blessed!.
Mary

Kathryn Rose said...

Congratulations, Sarah! Have a wonderful wedding and happy marriage with your beloved! Please post wedding pictures for your readers! I've enjoyed reading about your Catholic wedding preparations! Much love and God's blessings upon you...